Even in the (long) midst of a pandemic, love prevails. And for those about to embark on a life together, we applaud you. It’s not an easy time. The presence of love and two people committing their lives together gives us pause and makes the rest of us reflect. Not only on our own relationships but the hope and positivity that a new union brings.
Sun Valley has been a destination wedding location for decades. Who can resist being married under a dazzling blue sky with mountains in the background? And the same goes for choosing the perfect location to pop THE question.
If you are thinking about getting engaged in Sun Valley or possibly exchanging vows- or maybe even both, here are some things to take into consideration.
Sun Valley might be worth a visit beforehand to scope out potential sites and make the proper preparations ahead of time if required. Not only is the time of year worth considering, but it’s also good to think about the time of day and elevation. Lighting and temperatures may vary considerably in the mountains.
Local photographers and officiants get busy. Book your times sooner rather than later. And yes! Consider a photographer capturing the actual proposal. Photographers are known to scramble over rocks, blend in at beaches, and camouflage in with their surroundings to capture the special moment.
And book any other venues you might be needing. Post-engagement dinner, reception areas, etc. Especially this year when establishments might be enforcing distancing well into the summer and have limited seating.
Here are some top spots in the Wood River Valley to check out for amazing proposal and venue sites:
- Overlooks- Galena and Trail Creek pass
- The Roundhouse on Baldy
- Lakes- Redfish, Alturas, Petit
- Numerous hikes or snowshoe trails- Check out the BCRD trails
- Iconic hike destinations like Pioneer Cabin
- While downhill or nordic skiing
- Parasailing off of Baldy- before or after landing
- Sleigh rides
- A picnic just about anywhere and yes, with some careful planning, it can be done in the winter! Ask a local catering company or food establishment to help you with the planning. Many are also great resources for locations- indoors and out.
The sky is the limit. So get out there and find that perfect location that will always be yours!