With so many of the annual events canceled last year, it’s nice to see a few of them starting to resurface. While all events are subject to change, please remember to check ahead for updates.
Everesting – June 17
River Run Lodge
The unique, family-friendly event will challenge hikers to cover as many miles on Baldy as it takes to top Mount Everest. The event will take place on Baldy, June 17-20.
Sun Valley Center 50th birthday celebration and street party – June 25, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Sun Valley Museum of Art Visual Arts Exhibition -Clay, Silver, Ink
191 5th Street East, Ketchum
Sun Valley Wellness Festival & Conference – June 25-28, Sun Valley/Ketchum
The SVWFC will be hosting both in-person and virtual events this year. The 24th annual event will feature more than 30 presentations and workshops, and a new outdoor Experience Park showcasing vendors, music, food, and classes. This venue, free to the public, will be at the Forest Service park – adjacent to the Limelight Hotel and one block from Main Street in Ketchum.
This Boston Marathon qualifying race will begin just past Galena Lodge and will end in Ketchum. Visit the link for race and registration information.
Ketchum Arts Festival– July 9-11
Festival Meadow on Sun Valley Road
Fishing or golf anyone?
In town over Father’s day with dad and/or looking for something to do? The Sun Valley area offers up some of the world’s best fishing and golfing. Wet a line or hit the links at some of these locations.
Known for its world-class fishing, the Silver Creek Preserve attracts fly fishing enthusiasts from all over the globe. The Big Wood River, nearby rivers, and reservoirs all beckon an outing to wet a line and take in the beautiful scenery that surrounds Sun Valley. And be sure to check out our article for an insight into backcountry fishing trips in this month’s newsletter. The links below provide updated forecasts, and rules, and regulations.
- Fishing forecast
- Sun Valley area fishing report
- TNC/SC fishing access FAQ
- 2019 – 2021 Idaho fishing seasons and rules
- White Clouds, Elkhorn, and Trail Creek courses are open daily. Reserve your tee time by calling 208-622-2257.
- Sun Valley’s driving range and practice putting green are open from 10:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily.
- The Sawtooth Putting Course is open from 9:00 a.m. -6:00 p.m. daily.
- For questions call the Sun Valley Pro Shop at 208-622-2251. Open 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Big Wood Golf Course- open daily from 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., and from 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.