The struggle can be real when trying to get into a highly recommended restaurant in a tourist town. Here are some tips when dining at your favorite tourist destination.
- Plan ahead – make this part of the trip planning when you make travel arrangements. Make the reservation now!
- Get on a list for cancellations.
- If it’s just for one or two of you, bar seats and walk-in seating can usually accommodate you- or at the least have a shorter wait time.
- Friday and Saturday nights book up quickly. Can you change your day, eat later or earlier than you prefer? Having some flexibility might open up some alternatives.
- Branch out. Always go to the same places? Sometimes the lesser talked about locations are locals’ favorites.
- Check with hotel staff and other local experts.
- Even food trucks can be a surprising change for a quick bite to sample some local flavors.
- If it’s during the summer/early fall timeframe, check out local farmer’s markets. If you are staying in a place where you can prepare your own dish it’s a great way to support your local growers and get a taste for the area. Unable to cook? Grab-and-go fruits, veggies, and other locally prepared snacks and bakery items are perfect ways to sample locally grown items.
- Please remember to cancel your reservation if your plans change.
Interested in learning more about the local restaurants in Sun Valley? Visit https://sunvalleymag.com/taste-sun-valley-summer-2021/