Friedman Memorial Airport Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) – Badging 420-01 Airport Badging Office Infectious Disease Appointment SOP Effective date: June 15, 2020
Friedman Memorial Airport (SUN) is dedicated to the health of staff, customers, and community. COVID-19 has required FMA to reconsider badging procedures to protect staff and external users (customers). As of June 15, 2020 FMAA, SUN badging will be by appointment only, walk-in’s will not be permitted.
Requesting Badging Appointments:
- Online security information link: https://iflysun.com/airport-security/
- Direct link to Appointment Scheduler: http://fma.securappointment.com/
- Phone at: 208-788-9003 or 208-788-4952 Ext. 107
- Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Arriving to the Appointment:
- Customer must remain in their car until asked to come in via text or call
- Protective masks are recommended while visiting the Airport Operations Building and
Airport Badging Office. Protective masks will be provided.
- Customers MUST sanitize their hands when entering and exiting the appointment.
(sanitizer will be provided)
- To comply with Centers for Disease Control (CDC) social distancing, only one scheduled
individual will be allowed in the badging office.
- Payment of fees: Bankcard or check, cash will no longer be accepted.
What to Expect from Your Badging Official:
- The badging official will sanitize and/or wash their hands before applying gloves, wear a protective face mask, and will have sanitized the badging office before your arrival.
- During the badging process customers may be asked to utilize specific writing instruments, sanitize, and/or wash your hands prior to and after finger printing.
- The badging official will escort you out of the building and then sanitize and disinfect touched areas and badging office.
Denial of Services:
- It will be at the discretion of the Airport Security Coordinator or designated agent to
refuse service to anyone exhibiting symptoms of an infectious or contagious disease. I.e. COVID-19, the flu, various viruses, pneumonia, and other potentially harmful diseases.
SOP General 420-01 – Airport Badging Office Issuance SOP Page 2
- Customers may be asked to provide a temperature reading at any time during the
badging process. Temperatures will be captured by touchless thermometer, a reading above 100.4 will require rescheduling.
- If a customer does not comply with this SOP they may not be allowed in the building or
escorted out of the building.
- If the customer is unwilling to leave, law enforcement may be called, and the individual will be escorted off premises.
Reschedule Your Appointment if:
- You have the following symptoms:
- Fever above 100.4 or warm to the touch
- Chills and/or chills with repeated shaking
- Difficulty Breathing/shortness of breath
- Persistent Cough
- Other respiratory issues, sneezing, wheezing, congestion
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste and/or smell
- Have had direct contact with someone that has or has had an active COVID-19 infection within the last 21 days. Direct contact as it applies in this SOP: physical contact OR within six feet of an individual exhibiting symptoms.
- Is awaiting testing results, have had symptoms, and/or sought medical attention.
Considerations after having a communicable disease or infection:
SUN will follow CDC return to public activity guidelines after an infection:
- Three days have passed since the recovery of symptoms
- Recovery is defined as improvement of respiratory symptoms AND fevers have been remedied without the use of medication specifically used for fevers
- AND at least seven days have passed since the first onset of symptoms.
SUN will keep the following stocked items:
- Hand sanitizer
- Face mask
- Disinfectant Wipes
SUN has implemented internal and external standard procedures to ensure the health and safety of staff and the community.