Friedman Memorial Airport Authority
Seeks Independent Board Member
One June 1, 1994, Blaine County and the City of Hailey entered into a Joint Powers Agreement establishing the Friedman Memorial Airport Authority, which is a public entity of the State of Idaho. The Authority is governed by the Board, consisting of seven members. Three members are appointed by the County, three members are appointed by the City, and one, designated as the “Independent Member”, is appointed by unanimous vote of the four other appointees. The “Independent Member” position expired on December 31, 2018, and, therefore, the Friedman Memorial Airport Authority would appreciate responses from interested persons. Interested persons should contact Lisa Emerick, Contracts/Finance Administrator, at the Friedman Memorial Airport Manager’s Office at (208) 788-9003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive applicant guidelines. Brief resumes will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2019.
January 16, 2019
January 23, 2019
The seventh, independent member of the FMAA shall:
- Demonstrate business and/or finance skills and experience.
Demonstrate significant financial experience or education in real estate/commercial development or in business operations.
- Have familiarity with concepts associated with project funding and project implementation.
- Have basic computer, email, texting and/or other technology communication skills.
- Commit to serving at least two (2) two-year terms if appointed.
- Commit to attend at least 90% of FMAA meetings in person (City of Hailey recommendation)
Commit to attend at least 80% of FMAA meetings in person. (10 of 12 represents 83%, allowing for one attended via teleconference and one absence). (County recommendation)
- Be a full-time resident of Blaine County for the last five (5) years.
- Be a team player.
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience or familiarity with the aviation industry, including airport or aviation business and/or operations management.
- With respect to airport relocation, understand the positions of both owners and the concepts behind the dual path forward.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of Friedman Memorial Airport and of the airport relocation process.
- Support policies protecting the health and safety of residents adjacent to and affected by Friedman Memorial Airport.
- Support all the principles in the Agreement for Development of the Replacement Airport and Redevelopment of Friedman Memorial Airport.
- FMAA must develop and approve selection criteria for 7th member.
- The request for applications and criteria for appointment shall be public.
- Applications to be submitted to FMAA.
- An FMAA subcommittee will evaluate applications and select a minimum of three candidates for oral interviews. If three candidates are not available, then the subcommittee shall send whatever candidates are available to the Board for consideration.
- The six, sponsor-appointed FMAA members will conduct the oral interviews with prospective candidates publicly. Discussion prior to selection and appointment of the 7th member may be conducted in executive session, pursuant to Idaho Code, 67-2345(1.a.). Staff may be allowed to participate in these steps at FMAA discretion.
- Selection of the 7th member must be approved unanimously by the remaining members, as required by the FMAA Joint Powers Agreement.
- Reappointment: The six, sponsor-appointed members of FMAA shall meet every two years in April to determine whether to reappoint the sitting seventh member, or whether to open the position to other candidates for consideration.
- The seventh seat shall be opened to other candidates, according to the process outlined above (Items 2-6), at least every other two-year term.
Friedman Memorial Airport
Seeks Airport Administrative Coordinator
The Friedman Memorial Airport in Hailey, Idaho is seeking qualified applicants for a full‐time Airport Administrative Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing the daily administrative and financial support duties related to the management of the airport in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. A compete job description is available on the Airport’s website at: https://iflysun.com/employment-opportunities
Applicant information will be accepted until a candidate is selected. Qualified candidates may submit their qualifications to email@example.com or deliver them to the Airport Management and Operations Center, 1616 Airport Circle, Hailey, ID 83333.
Friedman Memorial Airport is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free workplace. The Friedman Memorial Airport Authority is committed to compliance with Federal and State laws requiring that the Airport only hires workers who are lawfully entitled to work in the United States (U.S. citizens or nationals and non‐citizens with valid work authorization) without discrimination. As such, the Airport participates in the E‐verify Program established by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration to aid employers in verifying employment eligibility of all newly‐hired employees. Our participation in the E‐Verify program does not exempt us from the obligation to obtain a complete Form I‐9 from every employee we hire.