The Friedman Memorial Airport Authority (FMAA), the sponsor of the project and Owner, has proposed to acquire property for runway protection and obstruction removal for the Friedman Memorial Airport within Blaine County, Idaho.
In 2016, the FMAA began updating the Airport Master Plan and one of the improvements identified in the Master Plan is to improve the control of the Runway 31 Runway Protection Zone (RPZ), at the south end of the airport. FAA standards for RPZ’s are currently not met for this runway and the land necessary for RPZ control has been identified for fee simple or easement acquisition.
There are also a large number of obstructions (trees) in this area that affect approach and departure procedures at the airport. In order to eliminate the safety risk these trees pose, they must be removed.
The Environmental Assessment effort will complete an environmental review for the Project.
- Land Acquisition and Obstruction Removal Environmental Assessment Comment Card
- Project Kick-off Presentation
- Evaluated Alternatives 2-4
- Alternatives 2-4 Justification
- FMAA Preferred Alternative for RPZ/Obstruction Removal Potential Land Acquisition Envelope (Sept. 5, 2017)
- Environmental Assessment
- EA Appendices
- Appendix G Dot Section 4(f) Evaluation
For questions about this project please contact:
Environmental Services Leader